SLAM Computer Vision Engineer
Work on some of the most sophisticated problems in your field.
At Vtrus we are enabling a future where devices can socially collaborate, perceive and learn like humans using cloud-based spatial AI.
As a SLAM computer vision engineer you will be responsible to craft mobile tracking and mapping algorithms with scalability and robustness in mind, using a variety of sensor modalities, from monocular and stereo cameras, to IMU and depth sensors.
This exciting position is within the first layer following the founding team and as such it offers one of the most rewarding experiences for orchestrating the formation and nurturing of a world-class technical team, as well as taking key company-wide decisions. Your responsibilities and commitment will be rewarded with the most generous stock options and competitive salary.
At Vtrus we reward and encourage scientific publications and facilitate activities to remain active in the academic community.
- PhD in robotics, computer vision or related areas.
- 2+ years of experience within a commercial or academic environment.
- Desire to lead a technical team.
- Ability to understand and prototype latest SLAM algorithms.
- Hands on attitude: being able to lead a team whilst getting involved in prototyping, designing experiments or writing new software.
- Solid mathematical background.
- Odometry estimation, Kalman Filter and variants for sensor fusion from range and intensity cameras, IMU, GPS, sonar, etc.
- Visual Inertial calibration using a variety of camera lens models with wide levels of distortion.
- Map optimization techniques like Bundle Adjustment.
- Understanding of machine learning approaches for keypoint detection, place and object recognition.
- Solid C/C++ and CUDA programming skills.
- Dynamic, pet-friendly atmosphere with spectacular views over the Salmon Bay in Seattle
- Discounted gym membership
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- $100K-$140K salary according to experience
- 0.4%-4% stock options according to experience
To apply, please email email@example.com with your full name, phone number, and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!